Construction Skills Centre Manager, Weston- super-Mare, £48,046.00 to £50,692.00 per annum, plus PRP.
A leading FE and HE college is looking to recruit a Construction Centre Manager to steer to the opening and ongoing delivery of training schemes across Infrastructure in the South west.
The primary focus will be to lead the management, development and implementation of all commercial activity around the three key areas of Scaffolding, Groundworks and Plant Training, alongside offering a wider range of construction site ready courses. The expectation is that the Infrastructure Construction Skills Centre will be considered the market leader in the South West and the wider region for high quality commercial and apprenticeships and training.
It is expected that the post-holder will have a strong civil construction industry background and a high degree of knowledge/experience of the sector training needs.
The post-holder will have responsibility for:
- The management of a team of staff, assessors/trainers, setting and achieving targets and establishing and maintaining outstanding provision;
- Building partnerships with industry and growing a wider network of contacts that will ensure the centre meets expected core targets for growth and income;
- The day-to-day operation of the centre and the logistic planning of the centres activities to maximise workshop, classroom and site usage.
KEY TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to the above, the post-holder is required to:
- Lead the development, planning and integration of the new centre;
- Manage the centre and all associated activity;
- Recruit and lead a team of staff to deliver innovative teaching, learning and assessment models that maximise learner achievement, ongoing progression and contribution levels;
- To manage relationships with key partners, both in the delivery of programmes and the development of external work opportunities;
- Develop, plan and implement a training offer that maximises the commercial viability of the centre through commercial training, apprenticeships and Adult Education funding opportunities;
- Create an ethos where the highest quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment raises learner aspirations, stretches and challenges learners to achieve to the best of their ability and supports the learner to progress;
- To lead the effective recording, tracking and monitoring of learner progress resulting in high levels of overall and timely success, maximising capability and commercial opportunity. Working to effective KPIs for the centre;
- Develop and maintain effective approaches within the team that provide monthly reports on KPI activity including centre utilisation, assessor caseloads, learner progress, H&S monitoring, financial contribution, learner and employer feedback;
- Create and maintain a positive client centred ethos to provide high levels of employer engagement resulting in excellent levels of employer satisfaction with both new and existing customers;
- Contribute to the Quality Assurance processes by producing accurate and analytical self-assessment documentation the drives forward continuous improvement;
- Work closely with relevant management to ensure systems and processes are fit for purpose and adhered to by the staff team.
Please apply for the role by following the link below.
Harvey Richmond are acting as an agent for this role. If you are successful we will be in touch within 7 days of receiving your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org