Contracts Manager, North Somerset, Circa £60K plus Car/ Allowance
A great opportunity to join a robust and stable SME Construction organisation based in North Somerset.
As Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the ultimate delivery of between 2-4 projects at any one time including client interaction and overseeing site-based teams.
You will be able to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard. You will have an office base with travel required to perform regular site visits to projects (working around your own diary) across the South West and further afield. The post-holder will manage around 2-4 live projects at once with a total value of around £4million.
The role will be reporting to the Head of Construction.
- Liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements/scope
- Manage the design team, to ensure approved design is delivered in line with Employer’s Requirements.
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors and suppliers to deliver to agreed scope, dates and targets; maintain good working relationships
- The ability to produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve on-time delivery.
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress and instigate corrective action as required. Escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Review performance against targets; identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Read and accurately interpret specifications, drawings, preliminaries and contract documentation; ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
- Ensure timely production of H&S and O&M documentation on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/deliveries to drive best value and agreed quality
- Issue subcontractors with regular short-term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved; manage sub-contractor performance
- Ensure effective communication with key stakeholders to manage expectation and achieve delivery targets.
- Management of community relations and ensuring appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree profit targets
- Ensure full compliance with Company health, safety, security and environmental standards
- Ensure consistent implementation of standard procedures
- Implement and share best practise; drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and deliver strategy for the closure of defects during the defects period and ensure Practical Completion within targets set.
- Contribute to the business development of the company and safeguarding the company interests
- Monitor, nurture and manage supply chain relationships
- Maintain continuous professional development to ensure appropriate technical and professional awareness.
- Any other duties in line with grading of post.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant experience as either a multi-project PM or Contracts Manager for a main contractor
- Track record of delivering a range of refurbishment and new build projects on time and to budget
- Experience delivering projects of at least £2million in individual value
- Ability to commute to N Somerset office base and be willing to travel to projects
- Ability to create and share build programmes. Experience of MS Project or Asta desirable.
- Ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Ability to select, manage and motivate project teams
- HND/Degree qualifications beneficial, or trade qualified background
- Accountability: Be responsible for own actions or decisions. Able to perform the duties required for their role and fulfil or further the goals of the organisation.
- Dedication: Engaged to work hard and drive the business forward. Shows loyalty and commitment to exceed objectives. Overcomes obstacles and delivers results by showing tenacity and persistence.
- Knowledge: Understands the facts and information and has the skills to perform the role but also continues to develop and enhance the skills for future requirements.
- Expertise: Displays the technical expertise to perform current position and be recognised as a valuable and reliable resource.
- Responsive: Reacts quickly and positively to work demands and is always present to complete own tasks and provide support to others.
- Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Minimum 5 years Site Management experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite inc. Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply for the role by following the link below.
Harvey Richmond are acting as an agent for this role. If you are successful we will be in touch within 7 days of receiving your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org