Senior Planner, Cardiff, £40,000- £65,000 pa plus car allowance
Strong regional Tier 1 Contractor is seeking a Senior Planner to join a successful team as they continue to enjoy successful contract wins across the Welsh region. Based in their Cardiff office, this is a brilliant opportunity to become part of a strong business with circa £120 million yearly turnover.
This position would suit someone that is happy to muck in with the rest of the team as and when the need is required in order to ensure that the business remains strong. Supported both by the Cardiff office and the wider national company, you will be joining the company at a busy time as they enjoy the success of winning multiple bids.
About the role
• Preparation of design, procurement and construction programmes using Asta Powerproject for pre-qualifications, tenders and live projects.
• Identifying and selecting the appropriate techniques and sequence of events for each project.
• Analysing sites and local environments to determine appropriate logistics solutions and resources.
• Using specialist planning computer software, including Navisworks Timeliner or similar.
• Preparing logistics plans and phasing layouts, using PowerPoint and Google Sketch-Up.
• Writing tender and PQQ responses
• Scheduling labour, selecting of major plant and access equipment including scaffold schedules, tower crane utilisation and temporary works.
• Attending and presenting at client interviews.
• Preparing detailed working programmes.
• Agreeing subcontractor trade programmes.
• Monitoring progress throughout the construction process and comparing this with the projected schedule of work.
• Reporting findings, and recommending solutions to recover delays.
• Recording relevant events for potential entitlement claims.
• Using graphical and scheduled media to reflect progress, event impacts and forecasts.
• Liaising with the rest of Project Team throughout the process, making adjustments to project plans as necessary.
• Providing advice and support on the development of specific systems of working.
• Preparing project and activity feedback reports.
• Helping to develop the companies planning processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
• Demonstrable experience in contract and tender planning.
• Ideally Degree qualified, minimum qualification to HNC, HND level.
• Experience in using; Asta Powerproject, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
• Knowledge in MS Project and Primavera (preferred but not essential).
• Knowledge and practice in 3D/4D modelling.
• Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment or as an individual.
Benefits of joining this organization include:
- Car Allowance/ company car
- Regular social and away days (particularly centered around cycling and golf!)
- Good Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday rising with length of service
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- A strong regional business that feeds in to a wider national company
- Healthy pipeline of business.
Please apply with your CV to Gemma Day or call 0117 203 3399 to discuss further.
Harvey Richmond are acting as an agency in respect of this role. Successful applicants will be contacted within 7 days. By applying for this position you are accepting that your CV may be retained in order to contact you with any roles that may be of interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com